Every Human Being has two sets of teeth. The teeth of the first set are called ‘Deciduous or Milk Teeth’. Milk teeth are twenty in number. Milk Teeth set contain 2 incisors 1 canine & 2 molars in each half of each jaw.
The permanent teeth are 32 in number. Permanent teeth set contain 2 incisors, 1 canine, 2 premolars & 3 molars (1 wisdom molar) in each half of each jaw.
Choosing the Right Toothbrush
With so many shapes, sizes and type of bristles available in the market, one is ought to be confused while choosing a toothbrush.Here’s what you should look for:
- Most dentists suggest the use of soft-bristled brush as it the best for removing plaque and debris from your teeth. See to it that the brush you use has a small-head as it can reach all areas of your mouth, including theback teeth
- Use non-slip grip handle or flexible neck and style of bristles (such as rippled, flat or trimmed to a dome shape), pick whatever is most comfortable for you. The best toothbrush is one that fits your mouth and allows you to reach all teeth easily
- For many, a powered toothbrush is a good alternative. It can do a better job of cleaning teeth, particularly for those who have difficulty brushing or who have limited manual dexterity
How many times should I brush?
Brush your teeth twice a day that is in the morning and before sleeping at night, this is applicable for both children and ad.
Learn the technique of brushing your teeth
- It is very important to place your toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to the gums. Brush the outside, inside and chewing surface of each tooth using short back-and-forth strokes.
- Also remember to brush your tongue but this should be done gently and with utmost care. This helps in removing bacteria and freshen breath.
- It is advisable to use a soft-bristled brush as it helps in removing plaque and debris from teeth.
When is the right time to replace the toothbrush?
- Bristles of the toothbrush wears off quickly and its flexibility and effectiveness decreases.
- Get a new toothbrush every 3 to 4 months, or as soon as the bristles start to lose their shape.
- visually inspect your toothbrush as is more important than the actual timeline.