Root Canal Treatment
Root Canal Treatment relives pain. Find Out How!
Root canal refers to the inner parts of your tooth—between the pulp and roots. They contain blood vessels and nerves and are an integral part of your tooth. It is necessary to undergo root canal treatment under a good dentist in Pune. If these parts are infected due to some reason, it causes a lot of pain, and that is when you need a root canal treatment. Root canal pain has different causes like:
- Decay that has managed to penetrate the outer layers of the skin and reach the pulp.
- Damage such as cracks in the teeth can compel the teeth to decay and thereby cause a lot of pain.
- A disease that affects the pulp can again cause a lot of pain. These can be caused due to some dental procedures performed on the tooth, the decay that has set in due to infection, cracks in the tooth, and large fillings.
When the tooth has been completely decayed or causes excessive pain or sensitivity, the dentist in Pune advises undergoing a root canal treatment. In the root canal treatment, the infected pulp or nerve is removed. The hollow space is cleaned and filled.
Root canal procedure is mandatory for patients having a decayed tooth or experiencing excruciating pain. The nerve of the tooth is present inside the root canal. If the nerve is displaced, infected, or damaged from an external element, the clinics in Pune and all dentistry clinics suggest root canal treatment.
Be it a cracked tooth, improper or loose filling, or deep cavity; the bacteria can easily enter these dental sites. After residing in the site for a long period, the bacteria start to affect the pulp of the tooth and ultimately, the tissues die.
Hence, the patients are advised to take the help of the root canal procedure, which will get rid of the damaged or infected pulp and nerves.
When Do You Need Root Canal Treatments?
If you have been experiencing any pain or extra sensitivity in teeth, the first thought you have is, “Do I truly need a root canal?”
Unfortunately, your tooth’s infected area will not simply heal without treatment and need a root canal.
And if you have been anxious about the root canal procedure, you’ll be relieved to hear that it is painless and not at all complicated.
Signs You Need a Root Canal
Pain while biting or chewing.
Sensitivity to any drinks (hot or cold) and foods.
Automatic pain in the tooth.
Loosening of the tooths.
Tooth discolouration or darkening.
Swelling in your gums.
When the infection in the tooth reaches the pulp, most dentists in Pune recommend a root canal treatment.
The procedure that goes into the root canal treatment include:
- Firstly, the patient undergoing root canal treatment is injected with local anesthesia. The dentist will not start the treatment until the dental space is completely numb.
- The affected tooth is isolated from the rest of the mouth with the help of a thin rubber sheet. This ensures that the bacteria from the mouth or saliva does not affect the tooth.
- A small hole is drilled in the affected tooth to access the infected pulp easily.
- Using thin needle-like tools, the damaged pulp is removed from the tooth. The thin instruments are inserted into the hole to remove the infected part.
- Once the pulp has been removed, the tooth can not feel any pain. The canal is then cleaned thoroughly.
- After cleansing it, the hollow space is filled with dental fillings. This ensures that no further damage can occur to that tooth.
As root canal treatment is a multiple-step procedure (from removing the infected part of the pulp to sealing it to protect against further decay), it requires more than one session. If not done by a seasoned dentist, it can also be a source of pain for you. We, at Sweet Smile, one of the best dental clinics in Pune, can vouch for the fact that our dentists cause negligible pain as they use the latest state of the art technologies to carry out the procedures.
There are many clinics for root canal treatment in Pune; however, one of the best for root canal treatment is Sweet Smile dental clinic. A root canal treatment is a long drawn process and it is very sensitive. Hence you need reputed dental clinics that have good certified dentists who have good record experience in root canal treatment.
No need to worry if your doctor suggests you to go for root canal treatment. It is prescribed to treat damaged or diseased teeth. Each year we save hundreds of teeth by suggesting Root Canal Treatment in Pune, relieving people of pain.
Dr. Sandeep Bhirud is the most preferred dentist in Pune. A properly done root canal with a cap can last for a lifetime and we are the experts of root canal treatment in Pune city and Pimpri Chinchwad.
Root canal treatment cost in Pune can be quite expensive, burning a hole in your pocket. In fact, it is more expensive than tooth removal or dental implants. However, the cost will surely vary based on the severity of the infection in your pulp. Sweet Smile is one of the best dental clinics in Pune as we do not charge a whopping fee for this treatment, in spite of using the best and latest technologies and having some of the most experienced dentists performing the treatment on you.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does This Root Canal Treatment Hurt?
Nowadays, with the easy availability of local anaesthesia, efficient analgesics, and strong antibiotics, root canal treatment in Pune does not cause hurt or cause pain.
2. How Much Time will it Take for Root Canal Treatment?
An ordinary root canal takes 30 to 60 minutes. But, some complex cases can be about 90 minutes long. A root canal treatment, Pune usually requires one or two appointments.
3. Can a Normal Dentist Do Root Canal?
Yes. General dentists can conduct root canal procedures and other dental procedures. But patients who need endodontic treatment are referred to a specialized practice that can collaborate with the dentist.