Cosmetic Dentistry means dental procedures that are generally done to enhance the appearance of the teeth. A cosmetic dentist in Pune doesn’t have to necessarily take care of the health of one’s teeth, but just enhance the way it looks.
How is general dentistry different from cosmetic dentistry?
Let’s first understand what general dentistry is all about. The most common procedures performed by a dentist, such as root canal treatments, extractions, cleanings, fillings, etc. is general dentistry. However, when it comes to what a Cosmetic dentist in Pune does is to add more benefit to the already performed procedures, for a healthier and also a beautiful smile.
Today, with advancements occurring in every field, we can see improvements even in the field of dentistry. With more effective procedures in place, a cosmetic dentist in Pune can perform a plethora of treatments like Laser Teeth Whitening, Gum Treatments, and more.
Most common cosmetic dentistry procedures
- Orthodontics (Teeth Straightening) – Today, cosmetic dentists in Pune offer traditional braces and Invisalign. However, according to your requirements, your dentist will recommend the right treatment.
- Veneers – Thin porcelain shells that are attached to the front tooth are known as veneers.This is performed when a single tooth or a more have been discoloured, as an alternative to orthodontics. Unlike yesteryears, dentists today are able to match the veneers exactly to your tooth, hence, the uncanny resemblance will not make anyone take notice of it. However, as time passes, the veneers will require touch-ups.
- Implants – When the tooth decay becomes severe, or because of injuries or age, one may have to opt for replacement of the damaged teeth. The implant technology has elevated in the recent times and even the false teeth is made in such a way that it looks completely natural.
- Crowns and Bridges – As the name suggests, bridges are used to fill the large gaps between the teeth. When compared to orthodontics or veneers they are less evasive, and the prices don’t burn a hole in your pockets. Bridges can actually enhance the appearance of the teeth without replacing or rectifying any.
Crowns are used to rectify chipped or cracked teeth. With the help of crowns, your dentist is able to restore the teeth to their normal shape.
- Bruxism – Bruxism is a condition where the patient starts teeth grinding. Although cosmetic procedures are not the only solution, porcelain inlays or on lays help. They can control the impromptu teeth grinding and improve the bite.
While cosmetic dentistry is more about the appearance of teeth, it can also help enhance your oral health. As you age, your teeth also start experiencing wear and tear. Therefore, it is important to opt for regular dental checkups, even if your oral health is excellent. If you are looking for an excellent cosmetic dentist in Pune, you can check our services here.