When was the last time you visited a dentist? Has it been too long? Or are your visits too frequent? Fret not! We have all the answers right here.
It is important to opt for regular dental check-ups to keep your oral health in check. You might be under the impression that brushing twice a day and flossing regularly is enough, and that’s where most of us go wrong.
Why you need professional cleaning?
It is important to understand that no matter how thorough you clean your teeth, at the end of the day, you need to frequent dentist to prevent plaque build-up. If it is not done on time, it hardens and turns into tartar. And this causes cavities and even gum disease. Only a good dentist in Pune is equipped with the necessary tools to provide a thorough cleaning. Some of the commonly used tools include;
- Mirrors – A small handheld mirror is used by dentists as it allows them to take a clear look behind the teeth and the back of your mouth. Also, these mirrors reflect light, which enables them to take a look at any tartar formation.
- Scalers – A good dentist in Pune will make use of scalers, a hand-held device, which is used to remove any plaque. These scalers come with two ends, a pointed end and a curved one. The pointed section is used on your teeth, just above the gumline. And the blunt side is used to clean it without hurting your gums.
- Polishers – A good dentist in Pune will first remove all the plaque or tartar and then use a tool, which helps polish your teeth, in order to make them look white and shiny for a beautiful smile.
How can you prevent dental diseases?
Keeping your teeth clean by brushing twice and flossing regularly is definitely step number one. And, when you go for regular dental check-ups, your dentist will conduct an oral examination and even opt for X-rays if necessary to check if you aren’t developing any problem. Some issues when caught on early can be prevented from aggravating further.
How often should one visit a dentist?
Normally, you must visit your dentist once every six months and get the cleaning done. But, if you have specific needs or oral issues, you must visit your dentist immediately. However, for people with a high risk of dental disease must opt for a check-up every three to four months. The below-mentioned group is generally at a risk of dental disease;
- Women who are pregnant
- Diabetic patients
- People who are already suffering from a gum disease
- People who have a weak immune response to bacterial infections
- People who are prone to cavities or plaque build-up
If you are looking for a good dentist in Pune, you can get in touch with us to book your appointment today.