What is root canal? Everybody is worried when a dentist suggests root canal but there’s no need to be worried. Root Canal is prescribed by a dentist to treat a damaged tooth. Root Canal treatment is prescribed to save millions of teeth every year. Root Canal treatment relieves pain and makes your teeth healthy again. Root canal refers to the inner parts of your tooth. When these parts are infected which can be due to various reasons, it causes severe pain and that is when a dentist suggests root canal treatment in Pune.
Sweet Smile Dental Clinics in Pune has reputed and certified dentists like Dr. Sandeep Bhirud who has good record experience, especially in root canal treatment in Pune. Dr. Sandeep Bhirud is the most preferred dentist for a root canal in Pune. With an experience of over 16 years, we are known as experts of root canal treatment in Pune.
Root Canal Tips and advice
1. Check for allergies: After the root canal, dentists generally prescribe some medication. If you have any particular allergy or after taking the medication if you develop an allergy, get in touch with your dentist immediately.
2. Check the filling: In the root canal treatment, we use a temporary filling. A timely check-up is advised and the next appointment should be taken before it comes off.
3. Check for inflammation: Inflammation suggests that something has gone wrong and you should immediately contact your dentist.
4. Do not eat immediately after the root canal: We always suggest our patients to avoid eating immediately after the root canal treatment because people develop numbness during the treatment and you might end up biting off chunks of your tongue.
5. Avoid smoking and drinking: Smoking and drinking after the root canal treatment can lead to infection. Hence, as an experienced dental clinic in Pune, we advise people to completely avoid smoking and drinking as it will make the healing process longer.
6. Cost: Root canal treatment cost in Pune can be expensive. The cost varies widely but you can save your tooth with root canal treatment which is cost-efficient. There are other options like extraction but that is usually expensive and can cause different problems. So, we always suggest a root canal instead of other treatments.
So next time if your dentist suggests a root canal, do not panic! Just follow these tips and you will find the treatment easy and less painful.