It’s very important to have good oral hygiene. But sometimes, you may need to visit dental clinics in Pune or other cities for a tooth extraction or tooth removal. Tooth removal and root canal treatment in Pune can be carried out very easily by dental professionals across the city. Sweet Smile Clinic Pune brings to you many such options for painless tooth extraction.
What is a Tooth Extraction?
Tooth extraction is the removal of a tooth or the roots of a tooth in a pain-free manner. Your dentist will ensure that there is minimum trauma to the surrounding tissues. This helps heal extraction wounds faster. For this healing to happen however, there are a few ‘Do’s and Don’ts’ that you need to keep in mind after the process is done.
What to Do After Tooth Extraction:
- Allow clotting to form on the extraction site. This will cover the extraction site and allow it to heal quicker.
- Put an ice pack on the side of the extracted tooth since swelling can occur on the cheek. Use this ice pack for 2-3 days after the surgery.
- Mix salt with warm water to make a warm saline rinse and use that to clean the area of tooth extraction, instead of using a toothbrush.
- Rest well after your visit to the dental clinics in Pune or where you are located. Make sure to sleep in a slightly upright position. This is something that can help if you are wondering what to do after tooth removal.
What Not to Do After Tooth Extraction:
- Don’t poke the tooth cavity because it may lead to bleeding and reduce chances of healing.
- Don’t eat solid foods if you still feel numbness after your procedure. It’s a good idea to eat soft and liquid-form foods such as soups, milkshakes, yoghurt etc. This will make sure that there is no pressure on the tooth extraction area.
- Don’t forget to take medicines that have been prescribed by your dentist, especially if they are painkillers. During and after the procedure.
- Don’t smoke since the chemicals from cigarettes can affect the clotting area and dry it up, therefore it may lead to more complications.
- Don’t take aspirins since they are blood thinners. By taking one of these, clotting may take a longer time to happen. This would lead to greater time for the tooth to heal.
Now that you know what not to do after tooth removal, you can go in for tooth extraction or root canal treatment in Pune or any other city. The dental professionals at Sweet Smile Clinic Pune will make sure that you are made well aware of these precautions when you come in for your next tooth extraction procedure.