Maintaining dental hygiene is a full-time job for us, at any age. The best orthodontists in the world will tell you that brushing your teeth, flossing, using mouthwash and other forms of oral hygiene are very important to keep germs, bacteria and plaque away and keep your teeth healthy. But what happens if you have braces and don’t brush your teeth? This can be even more dangerous and present more problems. Let’s see the impacts of not brushing your teeth while wearing braces, or when the braces come off.
Effects of Not Brushing Teeth with Braces :
If you are wondering what happens if you don’t brush your teeth with braces, here are a few things to know.
- It’s important to maintain oral hygiene especially after getting braces, so that no dental problems arise.
- When you wear braces, you may end up having food particles or bacteria being caught in them and if they’re not removed, they may spoil the enamel content of your teeth and cause decay.
- If you don’t brush your teeth, you may end up getting bacterial problems that can destroy the tissue around your teeth and also create other health issues.
- Braces can be an added issue when food particles are stuck in your teeth because the braces would have to be removed to remove them.
These are the effects of not brushing teeth with braces. The professionals at Sweet Smile Clinic Pune can offer guidance on how to maintain oral hygiene and deal with any dental issues that occur in patients who have braces. Now that we know what happens if you have braces and don’t brush your teeth, let’s see how we can overcome this with the right methods.
How to Keep Teeth Clean While Using Braces :
It’s important to know the effects of not brushing teeth with braces because this can be a disadvantage to your oral health. When you don’t brush your teeth with braces, you are giving an opportunity for food particles and bacteria to get stuck within the brackets of your braces. This can be a big problem. Here are a few thing you can do to keep your teeth clean and healthy:
- To take care of your braces, before brushing, rinse your mouth with water. Brush gently and without too much pressure.
- Best orthodontist in Pune will tell you about what happens if you don’t brush your teeth with braces. If you have braces in your teeth you can use a 45-degree angle to brush the top of the brace brackets first and then go to the bottom and the wire in a gentle manner.
- The impacts of not brushing your teeth while wearing braces would include spoiling your teeth. To avoid this, it’s important to consume the right kind of food. Avoid food with higher acidic content such as soft drinks or colas. Sticky food such as chocolate or caramel can also affect your teeth.
Now, if you have been wearing braces, you are looking at keeping your smile intact and your teeth healthy. This is especially true for parents of children who have braces or teenagers who have braces as well. But maintaining oral hygiene is important. When you don’t brush your teeth with braces, many problems can arise. Hence, the professionals at Sweet Smile Clinic Pune will offer you detailed help with keeping your oral hygiene intact, especially with braces.