Did you know that “Teeth Cleaning” and “Teeth Whitening” are two different dental procedures? The purpose of each treatment is the primary difference between the two.
The primary goal of teeth cleaning is to eliminate plaque and tartar from the teeth’s surface to prevent them from tooth decay and gum disease. While teeth whitening is for cosmetic purposes and is done to remove stains from the teeth and give a sparkling smile, while teeth cleaning ensures oral health.
In this blog, let’s look at the difference between Teeth Cleaning and Teeth Whitening.
Types of Teeth Cleaning
Prophylaxis: It is the most common teeth cleaning procedure. Mostly the treatment is pain-free. The dentist uses a series of scrapers and picks to remove tartar and plaque from your teeth.
Root Scaling: This Teeth Cleaning procedure is also termed as “Deep” cleaning or “Advanced” cleaning. It is recommended for patients showing symptoms of gum diseases like swelling, soreness, bleeding and pocket formation between the gums and teeth. Without teeth cleaning sessions at regular intervals, your oral health is at risk.
Why Do You Need Frequent Teeth Cleaning Sessions?
- Prevent tooth decay caused due to plaque and tartar buildup.
- Treat gum disease.
- Eliminate chronic bad breath.
- Detect major dental issues like decay, oral cancer, or any other denture health concerns.
Teeth Whitening Facts
Teeth Whitening give a cleaner, whiter, and brighter smile. Coffee, red wine, smoking, and other stains are removed from the teeth. Teeth Whitening is for beautification only and has no health benefit.
Your Teeth Whitening in Pune might recommend teeth whitening after teeth cleaning for a clean, tartar and plaque-free smile.
Teeth Whitening Options
- Teeth Whitening is safe and can be done at home too. The options you can consider are:
- Over-The-Counter Whitening Strips and Trays
- If you have faint stains and wish to whiten your smile by a few shades, these strips are an ideal choice for you.
- Professional Laser Bleaching
- For professional Teeth, Whitening in Pune dentists uses laser bleaching as a common in-office whitening treatment.
Now that you know the difference between the two treatments, visit Sweet Smile Dental clinic for consultation.
How to Choose the Best Orthodontist for Your Teeth? Protect Your Teeth from Damage.
Dentists and Dental Implants in Pune. Who Is the Best Dental Implant Dentist in Pune?
Root Canal Treatment Can Eliminate the Need to Remove a Tooth I Things You Should Do After Root Canal Treatment?